Monday 24 February 2014

Companions of the Prophet

Narrated Al-Bara: Abu Bakr bought a (camel)
saddle from 'Azib for thirteen Dirhams. Abu
Bakr said to 'Azib, "Tell Al-Bara' to carry the
saddle for me." 'Azib said, "No, unless you
relate to me what happened to you and Allah
's Apostle when you left Mecca while the
pagans were in search of you." Abu Bakr said,
"We left Mecca and we travel led continuously
for that night and the following day till it was
midday. I looked (around) searching for shade
to take as shelter, and suddenly I came across
a rock, and found a little shade there. So I
cleaned the place and spread a bed for the
Prophet in the shade and said to him, 'Lie
down, O Allah's Apostle.' So the Prophet lay
down and I went out, looking around to see if
there was any person pursuing us. Suddenly I
saw a shepherd driving his sheep towards the
rock, seeking what we had already sought
from it. I asked him, 'To whom do you belong,
O boy?' He said, 'I belong to a man from
Quraish.' He named the man and I recognized
him. I asked him, 'Is there any milk with your
sheep?' He said, 'Yes.' I said, 'Will you then
milk (some) for us?' He said, 'Yes.' Then I
asked him to tie the legs of one of the sheep
and clean its udder, and then ordered him to
clean his hands from dust. Then the shepherd
cleaned his hands by striking his hands
against one another. After doing so, he milked
a small amount of milk. I used to keep for
Allah's Apostle a leather water-container, the
mouth of which was covered with a piece of
cloth. I poured water on the milk container till
its lower part was cold. Then I took the milk
to the Prophet whom I found awake. I said to
him, 'Drink, O Allah's Apostle.' So he drank till
I became pleased. Then I said, 'It is time for
us to move, O Allahs Apostle!' He said, 'Yes.'
So we set out while the people (i.e. Quraish
pagans) were searching for us, but none found
us except Suraiqa bin Malik bin Jushum who
was riding his horse. I said, 'These are our
pursuers who have found us. O Allah's
Apostle!' He said, 'Do not grieve, for Allah is
with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment