Friday 21 February 2014

Story of Prophet Yusuf (AS) Part-33

The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars
The soldiers received Prophet Ya'qub with
great respect. They caused him and his family
to enter the tent. Prophet Ya'qub and his
family waited in the tent till the Chief of Egypt
(Yousif) came.
Prophet Ya'qub was waiting and longing for
the arrival of his sons Yousif. He was very
eager to meet him, for he had not seen him for
twenty years. He wept for him throughout
those years.
Yousif came in a carriage pulled by quick
horses. The horses were covering the land
quickly as if they understood that Yousif was
longing to meet his parents.
Yousif arrived at the tent. He entered it. He
was wearing the garment of glory. Light shone
from his bright face. All the people the tent
rose to show respect to the Chief of Egypt
(Yousif). Then they bowed to show greatness
to the Chief of Egypt. At that moment, the
vision Yousif saw twenty years ago came true.
He saw the sun, the moon, and eleven stars
prostrating themselves to him.
Yousif was now watching his father and
mother and his eleven brothers bowing down
to him.
Yousif embraced his parents. Then he took
them to the throne of glory.
Then Yousif said to his father: "O my father,
this is the significance of my old vision. My
Lord has indeed made it to be true. And He
was indeed kind to me when He brought me
forth from the prison and brought you from
the desert after that Satan had sown
dissension between me and my brothers.
Surely my Lord is gracious to whom He
pleases. Surely He is the Knowing, the Wise."
Then Yousif raised his hands towards the sky,
He thanked Allah for His blessings, saying:
"My Lord, You have given me the kingdom and
taught me of the interpretation of sayings.
Creator of the heavens and the earth, You are
my guardian in this world and the hereafter.
Make me die a Muslim and join me, with the
good."
How good Yousif was! Flow pure he was!
Yousif forgot all those painful events that took
place throughout the twenty years. He
recieved his brothers warmly and said: "Satan
had sown dissension between me and my
brothers."
Here lies Yousif's greatness. It lies in that
pure soul and good heart.
Prophet Ya'qub and his children lived in
Egypt. He lived in the country of blessings,
under Yousif, the just ruler, who refreshed the
country and saved it from a great economic
crisis.
Prophet Ya'qub lived and had children. Then
his children increased in number. They were
called the Children of Israel.
Later on we will find out where Prophet Yousif
was buried and how his mortal remains were
carried to Palestine. We will find out when we
all read 'And the Sea split open', the story of
Prophet Musa (AS).

No comments:

Post a Comment