Friday 21 February 2014

Story of Prophet Yusuf (AS) Part-19

The Angel
Zulaykha heard of what was happening in the
city. She heard that the woman of the city
were mocking her. So she thought of a thing
to silence them.
Zulaykha invited her friends, and they
accepted her invitation quickly. They came to
her magnificent palace.
Zulaykha had prepared excellent furniture for
them. The women sat silently before her. The
slave boys came carrying trays of fruit.
Conversations took place. Then Zulaykha
asked her friends to eat fruit. All the woman
took knives to skin the fruit. They were busy
talking with Zulaykha. They forgot why they
came to her.
At that moment, Zulaykha ordered one of her
slave boys to summon Yousif quickly.
Yousif obeyed his mistress and came. He had
worn a beautiful garment. When he came, he
lighted the place. He stood before his
mistress.
At that moment Yousif looked like an angel.
His face shone with light. They women looked
at him. They admired his handsomeness.
Yousif's handsomeness was attractive. So the
women admired it. They became absent
minded, so they cut their fingers with their
knives.
Yousif charmed the women with his own
handsomeness. Thus, the women said loudly:
"Far Allah is (from imperfection); this is not a
mortal; this is but a noble angel."
Yousif'saw the women looking at him with
astonishment. His test doubled when he heard
Zulaykha say: "This is he with respect to
whom you blame me, and certainly I want him
to yield to me, but he abstained, and if be
does not do what I bid him, he shall be
certainly imprisoned, and he shall certainly be
of those who are in the state of ignominy."
There was nothing before Yousif except two
choices- the way of Satan or the way of
prison.
Yousif looked at the sky and said humbly: "My
Lord, the prison is dearer to me than what
they invite me to!"
Yousif preferred prison and torture to that life
of corruption.
For this reason be asked Allah to save him
from Satan's wickedness: "And if You do not
turn away their vice frorn me, I will yearn
towards them and become (one) of the
ignorant."
The lights of the heaven lighted Yousif's heart.
So he was not ready to listen to Satan's
whisper. He preferred torture and prison to
that.
Allah, the Glorified, accepted Yousif's prayers.
The Commander-in-chief of Egypt's security
forces said: "I must imprison Yousif for a
certain period of time to put an end to the
rumors."
Thus, Yousif was imprisoned without fault.
The jailer saw Yousif's morals and qualities,
so he said to him: "I love you, Yousif. You're a
good youth. It is an act of oppression that
they've imprisoned you."
The jailer's words moved Yousif. Thus, Yousif
said to the jailer: "Cousin, I don't want anyone
to love me except Allah, for this love has
caused me many troubles: My aunt loved me,
and she ascribed theft to me. My father loved
me, and my brothers envied me and threw me
into the well. The Commander's-in-chief's wife
loved me and ordered me to be imprisoned."

No comments:

Post a Comment