Friday 21 February 2014

Story of Prophet Yusuf (AS) Part-27

Ya'qub's fears
The ten brothers and Benyamin were prepared
to go to Egypt. Ya'qub came to see them off.
Then he advised them: "Sons, do not enter
Egypt through one gate. Enter it through
different gates. I am afraid that (people) will
envy you. However, this will not avail you
against the will of Allah, the Glorified."
Ya'qub (AS) was afraid that people would
envy his eleven sons. He thought that an
accident would happen to them and scatter
them. However, he thought that Allah's will
was over all things. So he said to them:
"Judgment belongs to Allah only. On Him do I
rely. And on Him let those who are reliant
rely."
Thus, the eleven brothers set off. They crossed
the desert to reach Egypt. After twelve days,
they arrived at a place near Egypt.
At that place the brothers decided to enter
Egypt two by two through different gates. They
were eleven brothers. Who was by himself?
Benyamin was by himself He entered Egypt by
himself. So he was sad.
They came to the Chief of Egypt (Yousif) two
by two to buy wheat. Then Benyamin came by
himself to the Chief of Egypt. The moments
were moving, After twenty years, Yousif looked
at his brother Benyamin. Benyamin was a
baby. He was now a youth. Yousif asked
himself: "Why is Benyamin sad?" Then he
asked him: "Why are you sad? Have you faced
a misfortune?"
"No, Chief," replied Benyamin, "I've
remembered my brother Yousif If he was alive,
he would come with me."
"What has happened to Yousif?" asked Yousif.
Benyamin answered: "He went with my
brothers to the desert and did not return. A
wolf ate him. Since then I haven't seen him. I
always look at his shirt stained with blood."
"My father has not believed this story of my
brothers, He always weeps for Yousif."
"Benyamin, don't worry. I'm your brother
Yousif. Come let's eat dinner together."
Yousif sat on the thorne of the king. He sat
his brother Benyamin beside him, and talked
with him to soothe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment